SaaS Account Executive
Hello! We’ll start by introducing ourselves. We’re Sendlane! A SaaS startup in Scripps Ranch that’s disrupting an entire industry by influencing the way people learn about and use email marketing automation. Established in 2015, we’ve grown year over year and that’s been possible because we are constantly looking to out-do ourselves and evolve.
Our team’s dedication to making Sendlane what it is today is humbling which is why we’re looking for that next “special someone” to help take us to the next level. That’s where you come in!
Listen, we get it. Job hunting is 100% THE worst. So, we're happy to tell you the search is over! You did it! You finally found the company of your dreams. Go ahead and give your boss "the finger", flip your desk, knock over your cubicle and march your happy self on over to Sendlane HQ! Just kidding...we have to invite you. Please don't just show up.
Anyway, we’re searching for our next Account Executive to join our growing Sales team!
In the past two years especially, evolution really has become the name of the game. With Sales being our youngest department, it’s not shocking that we’ve created and implemented an entire handbook’s worth of processes and procedures just to turn around and completely scrap everything. We’re actually really proud of that because now we know exactly what’s best for us and exactly what isn’t.
There is this common misconception that "great SaaS products sell themselves". Ehhh, we beg to differ. Solutions aren’t always obvious. We need great people to sell our great product. (Enter, you)
Speaking of you...Let’s unpack who you are!
Through and through, you’re a proactive and convergent thinker with an optimistic and charismatic communication style. You’re naturally assertive and outgoing with a strong ability to “read” people, which gives you the upper hand on putting deals together (something you thrive on). You consider yourself solution-focused and you don’t hear or acknowledge negativity; the word “no” is a challenge, not a threat.
Sound like you? HECK YEAH IT DOES.
It’s no secret that selling SaaS products can be tricky! However, if you have experience in this sort of sales environment, then you already know that it requires a different kind of wit, grit and ability. We expect that you’ll be motivated to understand our platform on a level that helps you drive every call towards a solution for the potential client. This role is very “solution sales” centric. We expect that you have had transactional sales experience in a startup environment, selling upwards of $6000-$12,000 ACV, monthly. As an Account Executive for Sendlane, you will be responsible for the full sales cycle. This means you're owning the process from cradle to grave; hunting for leads and closing deals, giving demos and addressing pain-points.
The key to success in this position is not just understanding our platform but educating all leads on the value of Sendlane and fostering lasting relationships with these people to help drive revenue, for both us and our clients. We help businesses grow. You help Sendlane grow. It’s as easy as that.
Let’s summarize the job of our Account Executives:
- Sell a strategic B2B solution (not just a product) in a short sales cycle (3-14 days)
- Prepare and deliver demos to potential clients
- Addressing, clarifying and re-assessing client pain-points and establishing solutions that our platform can provide
- Establish lasting relationships with key decision makers
- Help educate potential clients on the value that Sendlane offers
- Negotiate and close deals with potential clients
- Reporting individual results on a weekly basis, working with the VP of Sales to achieve and surpass monthly quotas
- Staying up-to-date with new features and pricing plans (keeping self educated on our platform and our competition)
This position requires a special kind of grit that’s going to require you to be competitive while cultivating a sense of trust between yourself and potential clients. Being an eloquent communicator is an absolute necessity because you need to be able to efficiently and effectively communicate your message while establishing rapport that makes the other person want to work with you and, ultimately, Sendlane.
Well, even though we tried to scare you away, you’re still reading so clearly we need to try harder. Just kidding. Let’s talk about what’s in it for you! We strive to ensure that our employees have the best experience possible (while still remembering that you are here to do a job). COVID put a major damper on the fun we offer in-office but we’ve adjusted pretty well! Here are the benefits we offer:
- Health/Dental/Vision - 70% to 100% paid for by us (depends on the plan you pick)
- Parental Leave - New parent? Congrats! We pay you for 6 weeks!
- 401k - We match up to 4% (caveat: you need to be with us for 1+ years before this kicks in)
- Flexible PTO - Take what you need when you need it.
- We pay you to GO AWAY - $1000 bonus for taking time off!
- Equipment for your home office (including a MacBook and giant monitor)
- Monthly remote team building and consistent team engagement (we won’t force you to do Yoga with us but we will challenge you to do your best impression of the Spice Girls for $100 to Amazon)
When the pandemic is in the rearview mirror and we’re all in therapy, working through our new founded agoraphobia, we plan to remain “remote first”. This means that we’ll have our Office Headquarters open and available to anyone who wants to come in but if you’d prefer to remain a full or partially remote employee, we’ll enable you to do that!
Alas, someday we’ll be able to go back to that beautiful 12000 sqft space and when we do, you’ll get to reap the benefits of a fully stocked breakroom, standing desks, catered lunches, team trips, ping pong and a spinny chair of your very own (with 18 adjustment points!) AND, of course, actually socializing in person with people - do you remember what that’s like? Neither do we.
Well if all this sounds like your cup of tea, click that APPLY button! We can't wait to hear from ya!
Your application has been successfully submitted.