Business Development Associate
Extend is modernizing the $100 billion-per-year extended warranty and protection plan industry using cutting-edge technology, and top-notch customer service. With a $260M Series C round of funding, we are ready to continue to scale our organization and grow beyond our $1.6B valuation.
Our API-first solution allows any merchant to offer extended warranties and protection plans, both online and offline, while also providing a merchant's end customers with a vastly improved and modern support experience that eliminates many of the issues customers face today with legacy underwriters.
We are a venture backed startup based in downtown San Francisco (and since COVID began, fully remote) that is led by founders who have previously had multiple successful exits. Extend is simplifying the technology stack for the extended warranty industry, in the same way that Stripe did for online payments and Affirm did for consumer point of sale financing.
About the Role:
Extend is looking for a highly motivated, outgoing, and tech-savvy sales representative with strong business acumen to join our growing Business Development team. As a Business Development Associate, you will generate new business by prospecting outbound leads through cold outreach and work collaboratively across our sales organization to set high-value meetings. This is a highly strategic role that requires creativity, resilience, and the ability to partner effectively with an Account Executive to create new business opportunities.
Joining the Business Development team is an opportunity to fast-track your career in sales. Applicants should have a growth mindset and be excited to work collaboratively across the Revenue organization. You will learn consultative selling and hone in on our best-in-class outbound motion in order to execute our sales strategy. High-performers in the BDA role will open up new opportunities for their career growth within our rapidly growing organization!
We’re looking for a customer-focused, highly motivated, and driven individual with a desire to grow and advance in a career in sales. If you have a proactive customer-first mentality with the passion to demonstrate Extend’s commitment to our merchants, we’d love to talk to you!
- 2+ years of sales experience
- A consistent track record of meeting and exceeding goals
- Experience with Salesforce, Outreach, ZoomInfo
- Tech experience or proven success in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent experience - a strong passion for fintech or eCommerce is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a paramount focus on detail
- An ability to celebrate change and embrace accountability
Within 2 weeks, you will…
- Complete Extend’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Extend team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Head of Business Development on key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Begin developing familiarity with our business, platform, and applications, as well as our company’s key metrics.
- Acclimate yourself with the day-to-day responsibilities of Extend’s Business Development team by shadowing team members, listening to recorded customer calls, and working closely with our Account Executive team.
Within 1 month, you will…
- Identify and contact prospective clients to build a pipeline through a variety of methods including, but not limited to cold-calling, emailing, and mass email campaigns.
- Create a professional and engaging first impression with our prospects and customers.
- Create, maintain and update our database of prospects with complete information and emails.
- Thoroughly qualify all outbound opportunities and collaborate with Account Executives for a smooth customer experience.
- Generate net new business through outbound prospecting.
- Prioritize leads, research prospects and position relevant product features to solve business needs.
- Manage follow-up with calls-to-action to consistently build a sales pipeline.
Within 2 months, you will…
- Achieve department standards for activity that includes:
- - Making a minimum number of quality outbound calls per day.
- - Scheduling a minimum number of new quality discovery calls per week.
- Exceed activity and pipeline goals on a monthly basis.
- Consistently reflect on your own skill and development gaps along with the Head of Business Development to identify personal and professional goals.
- Step up as a leader in the Business Development organization by mentoring new hires.
- Contribute significantly to Extend’s growth as we continue to scale our core business
Life at Extend
- Working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental & vision benefits.
- Stock in an early-stage startup growing quickly.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- 401(k) with Financial Guidance from Morgan Stanley.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Protecting the products people love and use everyday.