Sales Development Representative
TL;DR - Benefits of the role
- Above-market base + OTE with uncapped commission
- Ability to work closely with founders and executive team
- Greenfield opportunity: most accounts haven’t been touched at this point
- Be one of our early SDRs (first 4) to build team culture and establish strong precedent for future hires
- Exposure selling to C-Suite executives at some of the most exciting, high growth tech companies in SV/NYC (i.e unicorns like Chime, Hims, Nextdoor, Rippling are already clients)
- Despite a small sample size, opportunities for career growth and paths forward have already emerged from SDR-AE, SDR-SDR manager. This will only continue as we hit team goals
- Sales team has hit goals for 3 consecutive quarters despite COVID and we are already see ramping of growth above what we were seeing before COVID
This is an exciting opportunity to join an early sales development team and help leading technology companies to launch and scale technical teams around the world. To succeed you will need to be tactful, resourceful, sharp, and relentless. You will have to have both the desire to create efficient business processes as well as a hunger for winning deals. You will have direct access to and collaborate with all members of the exec team as we build and expand this function in the organization.
Background on Terminal - Network + Problem Space
Backed by top venture firms like 8VC, Kleiner Perkins, Craft Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Thiel Capital, Terminal.io is solving the most critical challenge to high-growth startups today: scaling their engineering teams. In 2021, more than 50% of Big Tech companies' engineering teams will be based outside the US. In contrast, pre-IPO startups typically lack the resources (financial, legal and time) to compete for talent globally.
Complex ecosystem with a lot of inherent value
With Terminal's operational infrastructure (legal entity, bank accounts, payroll, HR, in-marketing recruiting, workspaces), pre-IPO startups are able to build their engineering teams in tech-friendly markets outside the US faster than ever without having to make costly, upfront investments. Some companies who have built their engineering teams internationally through Terminal’s platform include Nextdoor, Chime, Hims and Hers and Skillz.
Why now? Paradigm Shift: With remote work, many companies are now global employers
At the same time, Terminal is providing engineers globally with unparalleled career opportunities at startups that offer competitive pay, healthcare benefits and equity -- up-leveling the playing field that traditionally has left contractors being treated and compensated unfairly.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Terminal pushes the world forward by bringing global opportunities to talent. We believe in a world without geographical barriers where companies can ...